Programs and Expertise
RAINN is the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization and leading authority on sexual violence. We are a dynamic organization comprised of experts in victim services, public education, public policy, and technology. Our team works together to provide best-in-class services for survivors, inform and educate the nation about sexual violence, and improve the public policy and criminal justice response to sexual violence.
The victim services experts at RAINN take a victim-centered, trauma-informed approach to developing programs and services that support survivors of sexual violence and their loved ones. As the country’s leading provider of sexual assault services, we have developed programs to help survivors in all stages of recovery.
- RAINN created and operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline, accessible 24/7 by phone (800.656.HOPE) and online (online.rainn.org). We work closely with more than 1,000 local sexual assault service providers to offer confidential support services to survivors regardless of where they are in their recovery. Our telephone and online hotlines have helped more than 2.25 million survivors. Learn more about local service providers.
- We operate the DoD Safe Helpline for members of the Department of Defense community who have been affected by sexual assault.
- We offer innovative technology and services for partners in the field, including organizations, universities, and government agencies.
- We have an in-depth training program for our more than 250 support specialists. We also provide training services for companies and organizations, as well as staff and volunteers at more than 1,000 local sexual assault service provider partners.
RAINN’s communications experts raise the visibility of sexual violence and advance the public’s understanding of the crime. We work with the media, entertainment industry, and colleges across the country to provide accurate information about sexual violence prevention, prosecution, and recovery.
- RAINN is recognized as the go-to source for media seeking expert commentary and research on sexual violence news and stories.
- We collaborate with the entertainment industry to ensure that shows and films reflect the reality of the crime.
- We maintain an active social media presence, reacting to current events and ensuring that people who need support can find it through the National Sexual Assault Hotline.
- We operate the Speakers Bureau, a network of more than 1,500 survivors who volunteer to share their stories with local communities and the media.
- We work with students to raise visibility for the issues of sexual violence prevention and recovery on campus.
RAINN’s policy team works at the federal and state level to improve the criminal justice system, prevent sexual assault, and ensure justice for survivors.
- We help create and advocate for laws and regulations that make communities safer and support survivors.
- We work closely with the Departments of Justice, Education, and Health & Human Services to improve the federal response to sexual violence.
- We lead the national effort to end the rape kit backlog, while collaborating with allies to promote state action through the Rape Kit Action Project.
- We maintain the Laws in Your State database, the most up-to-date source of information for students, lawmakers, and others seeking to understand sexual violence laws across the nation (with special thanks to our partner, Hogan Lovells).
Consulting and Training
RAINN provides technical assistance, consulting, and training services to dozens of federal agencies, corporations, and organizations. We have also created a Best Practices Certification Program to improve how companies and organizations prevent sexual violence and handle victim response. The certification process includes a thorough audit of policies and operations, measured against Best Practices Standards that we have tailored for each industry.
For questions about RAINN’s consulting services, contact Sunitha Menon, Director of training and consultation services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.608.7360.
We Can't Do It Alone
We are proud to count corporations, media networks, entertainers, and athletes as supporters of RAINN. Thanks to this support, our programs and services are able to reach millions of Americans each year.
Learn more about becoming a corporate partner to provide critical support for RAINN’s programs and services.