What Can You Do in April?
Get involved in the fight against sexual violence during April — Sexual Assault Awareness & Prevention Month! Every 2 minutes someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted, but you have the power to make a difference. Take a stand by promoting RAINN's mission and free, confidential hotlines services through the National Sexual Assault Hotlines (800.656.HOPE and online.rainn.org). Can't host an event this April? Here are six easy ways that you can get involved and do your part to support RAINN and the millions of survivors in the U.S.
- Tell a friend about the National Sexual Assault Hotlines (800.656.HOPE and online.rainn.org). It's never too late to get help, talk to someone who understands what you're going through.
- Follow RAINN on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook and share the latest RAINN news.
- Add a RAINN web banner to your blog or website.
- Volunteer at your local rape crisis center.
- Make a donation to RAINN to ensure that no one has to go it alone. From now through April 30th, your donation to RAINN will be doubled by a group of generous donors, up to a maximum of $30,000. Your $10 before May 1st helps not one but two survivors through the National Sexual Assault Hotlines.
- Rock Your RAINN Pride with Bands4RAINN: In honor of SAAPM, buy 4 bands for just $10! All proceeds benefit RAINN.