Public Policy Department Internships
Policy Law Clerk
RAINN is seeking a policy law clerk for the summer of 2015, from May to August (exact dates are flexible). The law clerk supports the policy department with legal research and analysis, meeting and special event support, and other duties, as needed. This is an upaid position which can be full or part-time. Hours flexible, but minimum of 15/week required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Review and analyzation of proposed legislation;
- Writing fact sheets and memos;
- Legal research;
- Scheduling and attending occasional congressional events including meetings and briefings;
- Updating RAINN's database of states' laws; and
- Some administrative tasks
- Current law student;
- Excellent legal research skills and familiarity with tools such as LexisNexis and Westlaw;
- Commitment to and/or interest in criminal justice issues and victim advocacy; and
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Policy Law Clerk Candidate." No phone calls.