RAINN is seeking a Social Media Intern. College students with a commitment to ending sexual violence and helping victims of sexual assault are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a point of contact for multiple social networking sites and participants
- Community, organizational and university outreach
- Assist Communications staff in drafting postings, emails and other outreach materials
- Develop innovative ideas for how to best engage our social networking site followers / members / fans
- Volunteer recruitment
- Research up-and-coming social network services
- Sub-focus in online marketing
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess an understanding of the issue of sexual violence and have a passion to end it
- Preferred but not required knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest
- Strong Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organizational skills
- An understanding of new trends in social media
This is an unpaid, part-time position.
RAINN employees will work with the student and university to ensure college credit is given for the internship.
Please send resume, cover letter and desired days/hours to Megan Erhardt, at email@example.com.