Online Engagement Manager
The Online Engagement Manager will manage the organization’s social media and online platforms to cultivate relationships with new and existing supporters, and grow the organization’s brand online. The Online Engagement Manager will report directly to the VP of Communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage day-to-day communications on organization’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Develop and execute strategies for building an engaged online community.
- Manage visibility and consistency of organization brand across all web platforms.
- Serve as Webmaster for rainn.org, managing updates and executing content strategy.
- Track and report on performance of all online activities; analyze metrics to make constructive recommendations to shape future online strategy.
- Create and manage engagement tools, such as web videos and online contests.
- Produce RAINN’s monthly newsletter and distribute to email marketing list.
- Support communications strategies, promotions schedule, and production of materials.
- Coordinate RAINN’s national education and outreach program on university and high school campuses.
- Create multimedia deliverables for organization campaigns and fundraising appeals.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years professional experience.
- Excellent grasp of the evolving social media landscape and non-profit communications and social marketing.
- Proficiency in HTML, Drupal and/or Joomla, Dreamweaver, Salesforce, Constant Contact, and video editing programs.
- Experience with SEM and SEO campaigns and analytics (i.e., Google Analytics).
- Familiarity with Adobe graphic design software such as Photoshop and InDesign.
- Experience with online marketing campaign management.
- Exceptional written communication skills and high attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task and manage immediate, short term and long term projects simultaneously. Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to be available to respond to after-hours as needed.
- Aggressive, creative and innovative spirit with a deep understanding of online communications.
- Strong personal initiative, team player, self-starter, mature, personable, and sense of humor.
- Commitment to RAINN's mission and goals.
The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) is America’s largest anti-sexual assault organization. RAINN operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline, which has helped more than 1.8 million people since 1994, and the award-winning National Sexual Assault Online Hotline, the web’s first secure web-based hotline service. Through a contract with the Department of Defense, RAINN also operates DoD Safe Helpline, which provides one-on-one support to members of the military community who have been affected by sexual assault.
In addition to the hotlines, RAINN operates education and outreach programs to prevent sexual assault, encourage victims to report their attack to police, and make victims aware of available services. We work extensively with the media and with the entertainment industry to provide vital information about sexual assault to the public. RAINN also leads national efforts to improve sexual assault laws and the criminal justice process.
RAINN was selected as one of "America's 100 Best Charities" by Worth magazine.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email (preferred, with “Online Engagement Manager” in the subject line of the email) the following to email@example.com
- Resume and cover letter
- Salary requirement
- 2 writing or multimedia design/outreach samples