RAINN is currently seeking interns to provide training support to their Victim Services Department.
The intern will participate in:
- Revising and updating online and in-person trainings.
- Creating training materials that will be part of RAINN’s new online training site.
- Editing video and/or audio for trainings.
*If time permits, the intern will also provide crisis intervention, emotional support, and referral services to survivors of sexual assault via the National Sexual Assault Online Hotline (or “OHL”). To learn more about the OHL, please visit http://apps.rainn.org/VolApp/.
- College students majoring in Communications, English, Social Services/Mental Health, Graphic Design, Video/Audio Productions, or who have an interest in the issue of sexual violence are encouraged to apply.
- Pass a criminal background check (administered by RAINN).
- Possess exceptional communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience with at least one of the following:
- Audio editing
- Video editing
- Graphic Design
- Must be comfortable discussing issues surrounding sexual violence.
- Complete RAINN’s Online Hotline training program, including a two day in-person training in D.C. on Sat. June 1st and Sun. June 2nd.
- Arrive on time for scheduled shifts.
- Follow RAINN’s policies and protocol.
Note: This is an unpaid internship.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail the following materials to email@example.com:
- A cover letter stating:
- Why you are interested in interning at RAINN.
- What strengths you could bring to the organization, the training department, and the hotlines.
- Your experience with video and/or audio editing software and PowerPoint.
- Your résumé.
- Contact information for two (2) references (one academic).
- A writing sample (2 pages)
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact:
Melissa C. Bermudez, LICSW
Thank you for your interest!